Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"Mom's" Cucumber Salad

So, this isn't MY Mom's Cucumber Salad, but apparently it is SOMEONE'S Mom's Cucumber Salad, since that is the name. We had a ton of cucumber left from our last veggie box AND we are going to get more tomorrow, so I knew I needed to use it up. I had all of the ingredients on hand for this, so I decided to give it a try. I actually liked it quite a bit. I LOVE cucumbers! (Sorry this picture isn't the best...just ignore the large pork chop!)

Original recipe, here.

Prep Time: 15 min
Ready In: 35 min

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip and it was fine - and I used a little bit less than a cup)
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced
Directions:
  1. Salt cucumber slices and put in a strainer for about 20 minutes to help bring out some of the water.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill, and seasoned salt. Mix in the cucumber slices, tossing to coat.
Serves: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment