Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home Made Chicken Salad

I made this chicken salad for a baby shower I hosted a few weeks ago. By the end of the shower, all of the food was gone and so I made it again tonight so that my husband could finally try it! He liked it a lot (although before trying it he was a little worried about the ingredients) and so do I!
Original recipe, here.

Ingredients: (I just use how ever much I have on hand, not necessarily these amounts exactly.)
  • 4 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip - if I use Miracle Whip, I leave out the paprika)
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 cup minced bell pepper
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
  • ground black pepper to taste

Directions:


In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika and seasoned salt. Blend in dried cranberries, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts. Add chopped chicken, and mix well. Season with black pepper to taste. Chill 1 hour. Serve on a croissant or with crackers.

Serves: 12

1 comment:

  1. Yum, this looks really good! I wish I had looked at this recipe before I made my much more basic chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete