Thursday, April 9, 2009

Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables

Recipe found here.

A few days ago, my husband assigned me the task of finding a way to use our asparagus, which was on the verge of going bad in our fridge. Then, while I was catching up on my blogging, I stumbled across my friend's food blog and found this tasty little dish. I happened to have everything on hand and the dish looked easy enough so I whipped it up for dinner tonight. My husband loved it. There are NO leftovers. I liked it too - it's a very flavorful blend of veggies!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup bottled/prepared Italian salad dressing
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 12 ounces chicken breast, cut into strips
  • 10 ounces asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (2 cups), or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well-drained
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
Directions:
  1. Stir together salad dressing, vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink. Transfer from skillet to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
  3. Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 4 minutes, till asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
  4. Stir dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits. Drizzle over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment