Thursday, October 15, 2009

Classic Guacamole

I decided to have a Mexican-themed dinner tonight and since I had several ripe avacados around, I decided to make some guacamole. Tasty! Next time I might try to cut back on the lime juice and add a little more onion, but even then it was good!

Original recipe taken from "Vegetarian Classics" by Jeanne Lemlin. This is a fabulous book that my friend lent me. It has so many great recipes! The pesto recipe on this site is from this book.

Ingredients:
  • 2 ripe Haas (dark pebbly-skinned) avacados
  • 4 tsp fresh lime juice (approx 1 lime should give you enough)
  • 2 Tb minced red or white onion (I used white because that is what I had, but I bet red would add nice flavor)
  • 1/4 c minced tomato
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Minced cilantro and jalapenos can be used to add flavor
Directions:
  1. Scoop avacado into food processor or blender and add lime juice. Process or blend until smooth and fluffy. Scrape the mixture into a bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours, then bring to room temperature before serving.
Serves: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment